Wellspring University is collaborating with two Federal Government approved examination bodies to offer the degree foundation progamme. They are:
Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB), in collaboration with Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), which is a consortium of seven Nigerian universities, led by the University of Lagos. Other members of the consortium include University of Uyo; Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife; University of Benin; University of Nigeria; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.
The Wellspring University Foundation course is an intensive study programme designed to fast-track candidates’ admission to the university. On successful completion of the course, students are guaranteed direct entry admission to 200-Level (second year) in Wellspring University or any other university, in Nigeria or abroad.
The programme will enable successful students to spend six semesters for a four-year programme such as Accounting; eight semesters for a five-year programme such as Engineering, and ten semesters for a six-year course such as Medicine.
Candidates should possess at least credit passes in five subjects in WAEC or NECO SSCE, NABTEB or GCE Ordinary Level, including English Language. Mathematics is compulsory in certain courses. Candidates awaiting results as well as candidates with four credit passes shall be considered.
Accommodation is available on campus.
Duration of the course
Two semesters (one academic year)
There are two commencement dates every year. They are:
- March, for the IJMB courses
- September, for JUPEB courses
Available courses are grouped as follow:
- Medicine: Medicine, Pharmacy
- Engineering: Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Computer, etc.
- Environmental Sciences: Architecture, Surveying, Estate Management, etc.
- Social Sciences: Economics, Political Science, Mass Communication, International Relations, etc.
- Arts: History and Diplomacy, Geography, English, etc.
- Natural and Applied Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.
- Management Sciences: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, etc.